With the Fourth of July rapidly approaching, this means a lot of cookouts, fireworks and fun times. However, how do you stay safe when setting off these fireworks? Fireworks are fun and can be beautiful to look at, however, they are especially dangerous when set off near electrical lines. Rose Brothers & Sons Inc. of Florence, KY serving Northern Kentucky, Southern Indiana, and Greater Cincinnati provides you with these safety tips for staying safe during this upcoming holiday!
The U.S. Fire Administration reports thousands of fireworks-related injuries each summer, the biggest threat being firecrackers, followed by bottle rockets, and then sparklers. It is important to take these precautionary measures when handling fireworks to have a safe and fun holiday this Fourth of July.
- Light fireworks in open areas where no power lines can be seen. It is important to call your cooperative immediately if your firework gets tangled in an overhead wire.
- Children should only be spectators during a firework show. They should never be given fireworks or sparklers.
- Carefully read and follow the directions and warning labels on your fireworks. This is imperative as the majority of injuries result from improper use.
- For spectators’ safety, keep them at least 20 feet and not downwind from where your fireworks show will be set off.
- Light fireworks only on a smooth, flat surface. This surface needs to be far away from all flammable materials such as dry leaves
- Never try to relight fireworks that did not go off originally or don’t function.
- It is a necessary precaution to keep a bucket of water nearby when setting off your fireworks in case of fire.
Professional Help in Northern Kentucky, Southern Indiana, and Greater Cincinnati
If you have additional questions about firework safety, then please do not hesitate to stop by your favorite local, family owned business, Rose Brothers & Sons Inc. of Florence, KY. We have been your trusted electrical contractor in Northern Kentucky, Southern Indiana, and Greater Cincinnati for over 45 years. We can offer you help with anything from small repairs to large electrical construction projects. Your safety and happiness is of the utmost importance to us; we want to provide you with the best possible experience by providing you with actual solutions instead of just temporarily fixing your problem. We also have an excellent record on Angie’s List, as well as an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Please do not hesitate to contact us today for all of your electrical needs!