When it comes to what you love, such as your children or pets, safety is of the utmost importance. So, how do you protect your children and pets from electricity in your home? Rose Brothers & Sons Inc. Electric & Construction of Florence, KY provides you with these tips to keep your family safe from electricity in your home!
- Keep cables out of sight– Electrical cords are a huge danger for pets, as their chewing or playing with them can lead to shocks, burns, or even fires. It is important to make sure all cords are safely tucked away.
- Keep sleeping pets away from electronic equipment– Pets, particularly cats, have a tendency to curl up and sleep behind warm appliances such as computers. Try to halt this behavior by creating a bed for them by a sunlit window.
- Don’t leave heating equipment unattended– It is very important to make sure your pets are not unattended near heating equipment such as a hair straightener or portable heater, as they can easily burn themselves on these items.
- Check plug sockets- Make sure all plugs are completely plugged into their sockets, because if they are partially exposed, it could result in a shock to a pet’s tongue or wet nose.
- Unplug unused devices– It is important to unplug any device that heats up as soon as you are done using it. This helps avoid burns to children and fires from being started.
- Safety-check appliances– It is important to check your appliances every so often to make sure they are running correctly still.
- One plug per socket– Try not to overload your plug sockets, especially with appliances that take a lot of power.
- Turn appliances off– Make sure that you turn all appliances that are not designed to stay on overnight off before you go to bed.
Professional Help in Northern Kentucky, Southern Indiana, and Greater Cincinnati
If you still feel as though you need help making your home safer for your children and pets, then do not hesitate to stop by your favorite local, family owned business, Rose Brothers & Sons Inc. of Florence, Kentucky. We have been your trusted electrical contractor in Northern Kentucky, southern Indiana, and Greater Cincinnati for over 45 years. We can help you with any electrical needs from small repairs to large electrical construction projects. We also care about your safety and happiness; we want to provide you with the best possible experience by providing you with actual solutions instead of just temporarily fixing your problem. We also have an excellent record on Angie’s List, as well as an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Contact us today for all of your electrical needs!